Roles open in: Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Maastricht, Veenendaal, Zwolle
For our office in Rotterdam we are looking for a Consolidation Specialist who wants to work at one of the fastest-growing digital agencies in Europe. An opportunity of a lifetime that requires out of the box thinking.
As a consolidation specialist at Dept you work in a small team, reporting directly to the manager reporting & group control, and cooperate with all finance oriented disciplines within the company (Financial Control, FP&A, BI, Tax). During the group close (month, quarter, annual) you perform various closing procedures with a keen eye for detail. This includes supporting local finance teams, sorting out intercompany balances, verification of consolidation and elimination entries while trackin local and global adherence to timelines. You support the policy for foreign exchange transactions within the group, including functional currency reviews, analysis and related disclosure note creation. Together with the team, you support the preparation of the consolidated annual report, the performance of review / analysis on group entities and interface with external auditors for annual audits.
One of the main responsibilities is the maintenance of the legal hierarchies, account structure and other metrics/ dimensions of the data model within the consolidation and reporting system to accommodate management needs and external reporting requirements. In case of legal hierarchy changes, you support subsidiary compliance with adoption of accounting policies and post acquisition accounting adjustments (acquisition, merger, restructuring) within the scope of the job. In relation to these responsibilities, you execute internal controls applicable to the group control team and serve as a point of contact for control compliance related to the consolidation process.
In this role you feel comfortable to lead the way of consolidation procedures and processes, provide periodic training to team members and participate in special projects or ad-hoc analysis in support of the finance department and company initiatives.
We are a young company and the best minds work every day for a wide range of customers, such as KLM, Bose, ABN AMRO, bol.com, Samsung and Philips. Yes, we are eager to bring on board the most talented experts in the game, but we are also looking for the perfect Dept-fit. Someone who is eager to learn and strives towards a better world, takes the stage, is a futurist at heart, and someone who is down to participate in curling activities once in a while. Ultimately, we are looking for a unique individual who is able to strengthen our collective. We strongly support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, business administration or related field
- 2-4 years of working experience
- Are highly detail oriented, organized and committed to to a high level of accuracy
- Have a strong focus on customer service mindset with all stakeholders
- Are a curious self-starter who consistently takes the initiative to address questions and build new processes
- Have a strong work ethic, ability to meet deadlines
- Are able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Have knowledge of and experience with global consolidation procedures
- Have solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships at all levels of the organization
- Have strong verbal and written communications with the ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization
- Are able to work within a team and as an individual contributor
- An opportunity of a lifetime in an open culture;
- An exciting job with enough possibilities for training and personal development;
- A laptop and a mobile phone;
- Commuting compensation;
- Delicious, healthy food;
- Bootcamp training;
- Great get-togethers;
- Competitive financial compensation;
- The opportunity to do what you do best and become even better.
The application process will consist of various rounds, containing meetings with our recruiter, a financial controller, the head of finance and possibly other team members. Furthermore, you will be asked to participate in a case study reflecting all elements of the job and a personality/ motivation test.
WHO ARE WE?
Hi, we are Dept – an international digital agency of over 1,500 experienced thinkers & makers. One agency uniting creativity, technology and data. Helping reinvent & accelerate your digital reality by creating experiences that people want and businesses need.
Be part of our digital future
We may be spread across the world, but we all work together as one team. Inspiring each other, collaborating, innovating, and creating together.Explore our culture