Quality Assurance (QA) Tester
Roles open in: Manchester
Quality Assurance (QA) Tester
DEPT® is looking for an experienced Quality Assurance (QA) Tester to join our Manchester-based team and test a range of different CMS and web applications for both B2C and B2B brands.
As a QA Tester reporting to the Head of QA, you will review and analyse requirement documents to ensure business and technical requirements are fully understood and as such, will be experienced in testing cross-browser and cross-device websites.
You will produce and execute test scripts for CMS and web applications, user acceptance, and regression testing. You will perform quality testing on a variety of mobile, tablet and desktop platforms in accordance with defined processes and timescales. You’ll make sure that tests are conducted within the project deadlines, creating and maintaining documentation of test results.
You will have an acute eye for detail, reporting defects accurately and tracking them to a successful resolution, as well as effectively reporting on workload progress and escalating where necessary.
You will work in a vibrant environment with clever minds that work for a variety of large global clients. At DEPT®, we’re eager to hire the most talented experts in the game; people who continuously strive to improve their craft, are eager to learn, want to inspire others, and strive for a better world.
- Have excellent attention to detail, with an analytical and methodical mind
- Have a minimum of 2 years of experience working in a similar role
- Can demonstrate strong manual web testing skills across a range of browsers and devices
- Experience in producing test documentation, e.g. Test plans, scripts and reports
- Are a team player who also has the ability to use their initiative and self-manage
- Are an excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Are able to work successfully under pressure, managing your own time and priorities
- Are comfortable working in a cross-location team
- Bonus points for:
- ISTQB Certification
- Experience working with software such as BrowserStack, Ghost Inspector or similar
- Experience working with Jira, TestRail or similar development and test management applications
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills further with training, development and certifications
- An excellent salary based on experience and equal pay policies
- Flexible working: you have the choice to work from our office or remotely, and we have core working hours where you can choose your start and finish times to suit you
- Pension, free private healthcare, mental health support, and company sick pay scheme
- 25 days paid holiday with the opportunity to buy extra days
- Annual social budget which is used for team events (think virtual escape rooms or a gaming competitions), as well as away-days, and meals out
- Free refreshments provided in the office all week, as well as drinks at 4pm on a Friday.
- We celebrate successes by rewarding teams when big projects go-live and honouring the year’s top achievements at our annual awards ceremony
- Opportunity to take part in the annual DEPT® Cares Day where Depsters across the world donate their skills to support local charities
- Annual trip to the DEPT® Festival in the Netherlands: a chance to meet other people in DEPT®, see great talks from industry leaders, and have an all-expenses-paid weekend of fun!
- Good company: DEPT® is dedicated to becoming the best digital agency in and for the world. We are committed to becoming B Corp Certified. Find out more in our Impact Report
DEPT® is an equal opportunity employer, we strongly support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
WHO ARE WE?
DEPT® is a pioneering technology and marketing services company that creates integrated end-to-end digital experiences for brands such as Google, KFC, Philips, Audi, Twitch, Patagonia, eBay and more. Its team of 2,500+ digital specialists across 30+ locations on 5 continents delivers pioneering work on a global scale with a boutique culture. DEPT® is committed to making a positive impact on the planet and since 2021 has been Climate Neutral and B Corporation certified. www.deptagency.com
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.
Be part of our digital future
We may be spread across the world, but we all work together as one team. Inspiring each other, collaborating, innovating, and creating together.Explore our culture