DEPT®/Design & UX
Experience Design Director
Roles open in: Manchester
Experience Design Director
Experience Design Director
DEPT® is a global digital agency, pioneering tech and marketing to help brands stay ahead. Our team of 2,500+ digital specialists across 30+ locations on 5 continents creates integrated, end-to-end digital experiences on a global scale with a boutique culture.
We are looking for a successful Experience Design Director to join our Manchester team and head up around 25 highly capable UI, UX and BA specialists, each with their own individual department heads. You will guide them in the successful conceptualisation and implementation of global web, app and software projects for leading B2C and B2B clients such as Superdry, Nikon, and Triumph Motorcycles.
With a passion for refining strategic and experience design philosophies, processes and systems, you will help to take our solutions to the next level; bringing fresh ideas to the table to further improve the quality of output and accelerate our clients’ digital experiences. You will mentor the wider team in strengthening design thinking skills and capabilities, providing direction, training, inspiration, motivation and advice to help upskill those around you.
You will collaborate with consultancy and delivery teams to plan client strategies, ensuring an efficient but effective approach is taken every time. You will be involved in all elements of experience design, running workshops, presenting outputs and pitching solutions. You’ll also oversee the production of customer journey maps, wireframes, user stories and prototypes and steer visual designers to bring defined experiences to life with beautiful designs.
Finally, as a member of the senior team, you will play a key role in expanding existing client relationships as well as supporting on pitches to help DEPT® secure new business.
You will work in a vibrant environment with clever minds that work for a variety of large global clients. At DEPT®, we’re eager to hire the most talented experts in the game; people who continuously strive to improve their craft, are eager to learn, who want to inspire others, and strive for a better world.
- Have around 10+ years’ experience in product/service/experience design (but talent outweighs years in the role)
- Are passionate about doing great work and enabling a great team, without an ego
- Enjoy being hands on as much as you do leading a team
- Have experience in a similar role, but might have reached the ceiling in a smaller agency
- Will foster a servant leadership working environment
- Like to talk, present and are great at bringing people round to the right solution
- While your passion lies in experience design, it wouldn't be surprising if you have a varied digital background
- Are used to having a helicopter view of some projects and a deeper understanding of others
- Possess strong hands-on skills and the ability to craft standout presentation decks
- Have a strong track record of working with design teams and clients across various industries
- Are an expert in deliverables such as user journeys, experience maps, personas, wireframes.
- Have knowledge of design systems, component-based design and digital at scale
- Have a passion and a point of view for the things that inspire you
- Have excellent knowledge of research methods, information architecture, UX design and strategy tools, techniques and methodologies - knowing what techniques to apply and when
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills further with training, development and certifications
- An excellent salary based on experience and equal pay policies
- Flexible working: you have the choice to work from our office or remotely, and we have core working hours where you can choose your start and finish times to suit you
- Pension, free private healthcare, mental health support, and company sick pay scheme
- 25 days paid holiday with the opportunity to buy extra days
- An annual social budget which is used for team events (think virtual escape rooms or gaming competitions), as well as away-days, and meals out
- Free refreshments are provided in the office all week, as well as drinks at 4 pm on a Friday.
- We celebrate successes by rewarding teams when big projects go live and honouring the year’s top achievements at our annual awards ceremony
- Opportunity to take part in the annual DEPT® Cares Day where Depsters across the world donate their skills to support local charities
- Annual trip to the DEPT® Festival in the Netherlands: a chance to meet other people in DEPT®, see great talks from industry leaders, and have an all-expenses-paid weekend of fun!
- Good company: DEPT® is dedicated to becoming the best digital agency in and for the world. We are committed to becoming B Corp Certified. Find out more in our Impact Report
DEPT® is an equal opportunity employer, we strongly support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
WHO ARE WE?
DEPT® is a pioneering technology and marketing services company that creates integrated end-to-end digital experiences for brands such as Google, KFC, Philips, Audi, Twitch, Patagonia, eBay and more. Its team of 2,500+ digital specialists across 30+ locations on 5 continents delivers pioneering work on a global scale with a boutique culture. DEPT® is committed to making a positive impact on the planet and since 2021 has been Climate Neutral and B Corporation certified. www.deptagency.com
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.
Be part of our digital future
We may be spread across the world, but we all work together as one team. Inspiring each other, collaborating, innovating, and creating together.Explore our culture