From our Depsters December 12, 2017
Adobe Experience Manager 6.3: Features You Need to Know
Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) is an enterprise content management system that covers dynamic digital asset management, contact form and document management solutions, online community experience management, user-generated content organisation and countless social engagement features.
AEM acts as a central hub for creative, marketing and IT teams so that delivery processes and media delivery are seamlessly streamlined across all departments. Siloed teams are able to manage their digital assets without difficulty. The solution further provides an arena for delivering attractive media enhanced for different channels on demand.
AEM version 6.3 connects with other Adobe products such as the Creative Cloud and the Marketing Cloud. This enables teams to create, curate, and distribute media across various avenues to ensure an enriched journey for customers.
Overall benefits of Adobe Experience Manager 6.3 include:
- Accelerated Digital Transformation – the platform manages and develops established digital channels which allows teams to focus on emerging areas for consideration.
- Personalised Experiences – Delivery of real-time and personalised experiences by streamlining the sourcing and management of assets at scale.
- Enhanced Customer Engagement – customers are engaged across all digital channels by delivering experiences to owned, earned and paid touchpoints.
We’re going to explore some of the latest features of AEM version 6.3 which include an overview of the capabilities, plus benefits to enhance our digital stack.
Adobe Experience Manager Version 6.3 Features
What is Experience Manager Sites?
AEM Sites is a content management system within Experience Manager that gives you one place to create, manage, and deliver digital experiences across websites, mobile sites, and on-site screens to make them global in reach, yet personally relevant and engaging.
Sites is an architecturally advanced CMS aimed at enterprise customers. The combination of extensibility, experience management potential, and enterprise readiness in terms of connectivity, scalability, and security.
Experience Manager Sites Benefits
- Increased Efficiency – Build, share, and deliver content from one centralised location, speeding up the time to market and reducing duplication.
- Agile Delivery – Personalised experiences are delivered with agility across different screens, locations, and channels – from one unified interface.
- Brand Consistency – the library of content within Sites can be easily repurposed across the business, keeping a steady look and tone across all channels, campaigns, and assets.
What is Adobe Experience Manager Assets?
AEM Assets is a digital asset management (DAM) system that uniquely connects to existing creative workflows, providing distributed teams with a centralised location to manage and deliver engaging, channel optimised experiences across the customer journey.
Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Assets Brand Portal helps managers to easily acquire, control, and securely distribute approved creative assets to external agencies and internal business users across devices. AEM Assets improve the efficiency of asset sharing, accelerates time-to-market, and reduces the risk of non-compliance and unauthorised access.
Experience Manager Assets Benefits
- Dynamic Media Delivery – AEM Assets offer the ability to deliver media that’s optimised for any screen or channel – on demand.
- End-to-End Asset Management – When integrated with Adobe Creative Cloud and other Adobe Marketing Cloud solutions, assets can be created at speed, managed and delivered to drive optimised experiences across the customer journey.
- Brand Reinforcement – Consistent and optimised assets across the customer journey strengthens brand perception and collaborative management across teams, means savings are made both financially, and on time invested.
What is Experience Manager Forms?
AEM Forms combine form authoring, management, and publishing along with correspondence management capabilities, document security, and integrated analytics to create engaging end-to-end experiences. Designed to work across web and mobile channels, AEM Forms can be efficiently integrated into business processes, reducing the “paper mountain” and errors, all while improving efficiency.
For large enterprises, forms are often created once and reused by copying to a content management system. Keeping a large database of up-to-date forms and making them discoverable can be a considerable challenge. AEM provides a customisable Forms Portal that ensures customers find and access forms they need across both web and mobile channels.
Experience Manager Forms Benefits
- Service Improvement – AEM Forms offer mobile-friendly form and document experiences that simplify enrolment, increase engagement, and reduce turnaround time.
- Increased Agility and Efficiency – Form and document collections can be built and managed with consistency. Processes can then be automated to reduce administrative tasks and errors.
- Optimised Experience – Using data and analytics collected from AEM Form integration improves the customer experience and increases opportunities to discover personalisation strategies.
What is Adobe Experience Manager Communities?
AEM Communities is a capability that helps users to manage online community experiences, including forums, user groups, learning resources, and other social features that are valuable to customers, employees, and your brand.
Making meaningful connections with your customers builds brand loyalty and trust. Adobe Experience Manager Communities makes it easy to curate, moderate, and elevate a wide range of social content. Using the Experience Manager platform, users have the ability to create personalised community experiences that are consistent across mobile and other digital channels.
Experience Manager Communities Benefits.
- Customer Connection – When brands learn more about their communities, insights can be integrated with other marketing data to drive value and loyalty. This improves the overall impact of digital experiences.
- Community Creation and Customisation – Brands can create unique, mobile-ready community experiences. As communities grow and evolve, brands can easily adapt where they need to.
- Highlight Key Ideas – Brands can crowd source content from subject-matter experts that has the scope to grow. Then use pins and featured content sections to show off high-quality work.
- Fuel Social Learning – Brands can quickly publish how-to resources, track progress, and encourage knowledge exchange between community members.
What is Adobe Experience Manager Livefyre?
Content velocity is among the top challenges that marketers face today. We know that content is increasingly important in the buyer’s journey. According to Forrester, a customer engages with 11.4 pieces of content prior to making a purchase.
AEM Livefyre is an all-new Experience Manager capability that lets brands tap into content shared on the web to create a constant flow of fresh and high-quality content on your own site. Billions of pieces of social content are created every day. With Livefyre, brands can tap into this source of authentic content from the very people who care about their business.
Experience Manager Livefyre Benefits.
- Livefyre Chat – Brands can share real experiences from real people, Increase engagement and time,
- Discovery – Brands can find content across social media channels, RSS feeds, and blogger influencers at speed.
- Publish – Brands can present content in a variety of visualisation styles including media walls, maps, carousel and more. Brands can easily publish User Generated Content (UGC) on pages created in Adobe Experience Manager Sites or AEM Communities (Note: Livefyre integrates with AEM tools but is CMS-agnostic.)
- Engage – Brands can gain more insights about customers using features such as comments, side notes, live blogging chat, and polls. Auto-moderation allows brands to set rules that block spambots, hate speech, and profanity from appearing alongside your content. Livefyre also integrates with Adobe Target to pull in relevant customer data so users see content that’s tailored to them
Are you interested to find out more about Adobe Experience Manager Version 6.3 Features?
Our Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) engineers are the most experienced available with a long track record of successful Adobe solution implementations. This trusted content management solution is ideal for enterprises that want to easily and consistently deliver great digital experiences across all platforms, we can support you to implement the platform so you have full control and manageability. Get in touch with our experts today and discover how Adobe Experience Manager can elevate your brand to the next level.