For our Manchester office, we are looking for a Mid Level UX Designer to join our Experience Design team. Our Experience Design team is a mixed discipline of UX Specialists, Product Owners and Visual Designers. You will work collaboratively within the team to create amazing experiences that exceed client expectations for a variety of global high profile b2b and b2c brands.
Day to day, you will play various roles depending on the size and nature of the project. For projects in the Research / Discovery Phase, you’ll support the UX lead by undertaking UX Research tasks such as Stakeholder Interviews, Usability Tests and Analytics Reviews, turning the insights you have found from your research into a series of recommendations.
Meanwhile, for projects in the Definition/Design Phase you’ll support the UX Lead by producing artifacts such as sitemaps, user flows and wireframes whilst working collaboratively with Visual Designers to bring your ideas to life.
- Have at least 2-3 years industry experience
- Have an extreme attention for detail and strive for perfection
- Have experience working within a Content Management System
- Have experience working within Digital Teams within a UX / Research role
- Are eager to learn and progress your career within UX
- Are up-to-date with the latest UI / UX trends, techniques, and technologies
- Are able to undertake various UX Research tasks from Usability Testing to Stakeholder Interviews
- Are able to produce reports and recommendations based on your findings
- Are proficient in wireframing tools such as Sketch, Adobe XD and Figma
- Are able to create storyboards, user flows, process flows and sitemaps
- Are able to work alongside UI / Visual Designers to bring ideas to life
- Are confident in front of people and working with others
- Enjoy working collaboratively within a team, using creativity and different viewpoints to find effective solutions to digital challenges.
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills further with training, development and certifications.
- An excellent salary based on experience and equal pay policies.
- Flexible working: you have the choice to work from our office or remotely, and we have core working hours where you can choose your start and finish times to suit you.
- Yearly bonus scheme, pension, free private healthcare, mental health support, and company sick pay scheme.
- 25 days paid holiday with the opportunity to buy extra days.
- Annual social budget which is used for team events (think virtual escape rooms or a gaming competitions), as well as away-days, and meals out.
- Free refreshments provided in the office all week, as well as drinks at 4pm on a Friday.
- We celebrate successes by rewarding teams when big projects go-live and honouring the year’s top achievements at our annual awards ceremony.
- Opportunity to take part in the annual Dept Cares Day where Depsters across the world donate their skills to support local charities.
- Annual trip to the Dept Festival in the Netherlands: a chance to meet other people in Dept, see great talks from industry leaders, and have an all-expenses-paid weekend of fun!
- Good company: Dept is dedicated to becoming the best digital agency in and for the world. We are committed to becoming B Corp Certified. Find out more in our Impact Report.
Dept is an equal opportunity employer, we strongly support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
WHO ARE WE?
We are a digital agency uniting creativity, technology and data. We help the world’s leading brands build and accelerate their digital products, services and campaigns. Our team of over 1,750 thinkers and makers spans 13 countries across Europe and the Americas. We proudly work for top brands like Samsung, Bose, Patagonia, Bugaboo, Indigo Ag, Triumph Motorcycles, Netflix and more. Find out more about us.