Technical Solutions Consultant
Design & Technology UK
Technical Solutions Consultant
As a Technical Solutions Consultant you will provide technical consultancy to our clients and pre-sales activities. In addition you will love everything technical and transfer this passion and knowledge to clients and internal teams via good written, verbal and presentation skills.
Our Digital projects span across multiple global, enterprise level, clients such as Fujitsu and St. James’ Place, offering you the opportunity to really get involved in the definition of large scale projects.
Your responsibilities will include supporting the planning, running and output of Discovery projects for clients. You will have a deep understanding of how technology can support business success, combined with a breadth of experience in the many aspects of digital and technology transformation.
You will work in a vibrant environment with clever minds that work for a variety of large global clients. Yes, we are eager to hire the most talented experts in the game but we are also looking for a perfect Dept-fit. Someone who is eager to learn, inspires, strives towards a better world, takes the stage, a futurist at heart, and someone who will toast to a successful week with us. Dept is an equal opportunity employer, we strongly support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Senior technical consultancy for clients
- Plan and deliver technical workshops with clients face-to-face or remotely in order to uncover current implementations and new platform requirements
- Partner with client services to plan, prepare and execute strategically to encourage prospective enterprise clients to invest in our innovative solutions
- Understand client requirements to best support them and provide optimally customised solutions
- Create and deliver powerful technical presentations and demonstrations that clearly explain our solution
- Run internal workshops and knowledge sharing sessions
- Participate in Proof of Concepts (PoC) exercises
- Support with technical aspects of RFP / RFI responses
- Become a Trusted Advisor to clients
- Lead discussions regarding technology trends and future focus areas for Dept
- Responsible for ensuring solutions align to project budgets
- Aid the smooth transition of a client from pre-sales to post-sales implementation
- Provide technical support to existing and new clients
- Pre-sales solution design/quote generation
- Excellent Stakeholder management skills
- Have a real passion for technology and be able to generate strategies and roadmaps for large enterprise clients based globally
- Have wide experience in various technology vendors, specifically around web ecosystems and digital touch points
- Outcome-focused and dives deep to understand context before making decisions
- Strong interpersonal skills to allow you to work with both internal teams and clients effectively
- Be keen to share your knowledge and experience within Dept in order to upskill team members
- Experience of operating in a fast-moving digital environment with an appreciation of the required urgency and responsiveness
- Demonstrates a passion and curiosity for software and technology, and with a life-long learning attitude
- Not content with the status quo, willing to challenge internal and external stakeholders including those at C-Level
- Cares about UX and opinionated on UI design (web and mobile)
- A good eye for detail, identifying improvement areas and plans to boost efficiencies
- Excellent communication skills, with a focus on leadership, self-organising, the ability to think strategically and an aptitude to solve complex problems
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills further with training, development and certifications.
- An excellent salary based on experience and equal pay policies.
- Flexible working: you have the choice to work from our office or remotely, and we have core working hours where you can choose your start and finish times to suit you.
- Yearly bonus scheme, pension, free private healthcare, mental health support, and company sick pay scheme.
- 25 days paid holiday with the opportunity to buy extra days.
- Annual social budget which is used for team events (think virtual escape rooms or a gaming competitions), as well as away-days, and meals out.
- Free refreshments provided in the office all week, as well as drinks at 4pm on a Friday.
- We celebrate successes by rewarding teams when big projects go-live and honouring the year’s top achievements at our annual awards ceremony.
- Opportunity to take part in the annual Dept Cares Day where Depsters across the world donate their skills to support local charities.
- Annual trip to the Dept Festival in the Netherlands: a chance to meet other people in Dept, see great talks from industry leaders, and have an all-expenses-paid weekend of fun!
- Good company: Dept is dedicated to becoming the best digital agency in and for the world. We are committed to becoming B Corp Certified. Find out more in our Impact Report.
Dept is an equal opportunity employer, we strongly support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
WHO ARE WE?
We are a digital agency uniting creativity, technology and data. We help the world’s leading brands build and accelerate their digital products, services and campaigns. Our team of over 1,750 thinkers and makers spans 13 countries across Europe and the Americas. We proudly work for top brands like Samsung, Bose, Patagonia, Bugaboo, Indigo Ag, Triumph Motorcycles, Netflix and more. Find out more about us.