Senior Frontend Developer
Design & Technology UK
Senior Front-end Developer
We are looking for a Senior Front-end Developer to join our team in Manchester who can successfully transform our clients’ dream designs into well-functioning platforms.
As Senior Front-end Developer, you will work on a variety of global digital projects for high profile B2B and B2C brands. You will build mobile-first, cross-browser compatible, high performing websites. You will continually strive to look for better tools and techniques to introduce into the workplace, ensuring documentation is actively maintained and constantly looking to improve your craft.
You will work in a vibrant environment with clever minds that work for a variety of large global clients. Yes, we are eager to hire the most talented experts in the game but we are also looking for a perfect Dept-fit. Someone who is eager to learn, inspires, strives towards a better world; a futurist at heart who takes the stage and will toast to a successful week with us.
- Have experience testing methodologies and supporting frameworks e.g. TDD and Jest
- Have worked with with REST and GraphQL APIs
- Possess an extreme attention to detail and continually strive for perfection
- Have awareness and experience of build tools (e.g. Webpack) and source control (e.g. Git)
- Able to translate creative ideas and mockups into interactive prototypes
- Are aware of TypeScript and Node.js
- You ideally have experience of building for a CMS and working with headless CMS’ such as Contentful or Storyblok
- An ambitious person can switch from serious to play in a heartbeat
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills further with training, development and certifications
- An excellent salary based on experience and equal pay policies
- Flexible working: you have the choice to work from our office or remotely, and we have core working hours where you can choose your start and finish times to suit you
- Yearly bonus scheme, pension, free private healthcare, mental health support, and company sick pay scheme
- 25 days paid holiday with the opportunity to buy extra days
- Annual social budget which is used for team events (think virtual escape rooms or a gaming competitions), as well as away-days, and meals out
- Free refreshments provided in the office all week, as well as drinks at 4pm on a Friday
- We celebrate successes by rewarding teams when big projects go-live and honouring the year’s top achievements at our annual awards ceremony
- Opportunity to take part in the annual Dept Cares Day where Depsters across the world donate their skills to support local charities
- Annual trip to the Dept Festival in the Netherlands: a chance to meet other people in Dept, see great talks from industry leaders, and have an all-expenses-paid weekend of fun!
- Good company: Dept is dedicated to becoming the best digital agency in and for the world. We are committed to becoming B Corp Certified. Find out more in our Impact Report.
Dept is an equal opportunity employer, we strongly support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
WHO ARE WE?
We are a digital agency uniting creativity, technology and data. We help the world’s leading brands build and accelerate their digital products, services and campaigns. Our team of over 1,750 thinkers and makers spans 13 countries across Europe and the Americas. We proudly work for top brands like Samsung, Bose, Patagonia, Bugaboo, Indigo Ag, Triumph Motorcycles, Netflix and more. Find out more about us.