As a Senior Designer at Dept, you’re here to help the team produce world-class design work. Not only do we expect you to be great at execution, but you’ll also be confident in your abilities. Our Experience Design team is a mixed discipline of Visual Designers, Business Analysts and UX Specialists. You’ll work collaboratively within the team to create amazing experiences that exceed client expectations for a variety of global high-profile brands.
To be successful in the role, you’ll be ready to soak up as much from the environment and move forward with amazing design. You’ll be highly proficient in building creative concepts, having the ability to contribute and execute ideas quickly and competently. You’ll need to be confident in front of people, working with others to sell your ideas both internally to the wider team and externally to executive level stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have the drive to produce amazing digital experiences, working on everything from full website rebuilds to global marketing. We want a Senior Designer that can express their ideas and opinions clearly. They should be comfortable with feedback and confident enough to lead creative direction, ensuring the work we produce is at the forefront of the industry. Dept want to define and reinvent the digital space, and a passion for doing just that is critical.
You’ll be a part of a vibrant environment with clever minds that work for a variety of large global clients. A Senior Designer at Dept is eager to learn, inspires everyone around them, and has an incredible drive to work towards a better digital world. They’ll take to the stage, channel their innovation, and toast to a successful week with the team.
- Must have strong remote working skills, including managing time and projects with great communication
- Have at least 4 years industry experience
- Proficient in using the Adobe CS Suite and Sketch
- Have an extreme attention for detail and strive for perfection
- Confident presenting your ideas to clients
- Be able to work alongside other Designers to bring ideas to life
- Great written communication to both internal colleagues and external clients
- Be able to work to deadlines whilst still delivering word-class design work.
Bonus points for:
- Up to date with the latest UX/UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Experience running and presenting client workshops
- Experience in scoping design phases and planning projects accurately
- Able to build strong relationships with clients
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills even further;
- An excellent salary based on experience and equal pay policies;
- Flexible working – we have core working hours where you can choose your start and finish times to suite you and you have the choice to work from our office or remotely;
- Great fringe benefits, think laptop, travel expenses covered and all that stuff;
- Yearly bonus scheme, pension scheme, free private healthcare and company sick pay scheme;
- 25 days paid holiday with the opportunity to buy extra holidays;
- Lunch together – once a month, we buy lunch for everyone in the office to celebrate everyone's hard work;
- Team building sessions like virtual escape rooms or a murder mystery are organised, as well as pre/post-COVID away-days, charitable activities and meals out;
- We clock off at 4pm on Friday’s so stick around to unwind or jet off to start your weekend early;
- We celebrate successes by rewarding teams when big projects go-live and honouring the year’s top achievements at our annual awards ceremony;
- Yearly trip to the Dept Weekender in the Netherlands – a chance to meet other people within Dept, see great talks from industry leaders and a great weekend of fun!
Dept is an equal opportunity employer, we strongly support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
WHO ARE WE?
We are Dept, an international digital agency, from our offices across Europe and the US, over a thousand of the most talented and experienced people in our industry. One agency uniting creativity, technology and data to reinvent & accelerate your digital reality by creating experiences that people want and businesses need. We work hard, but we also play hard. Curious about who we are? Watch the video here.