QA Automation Test Analyst
Design & Technology UK
Quality Assurance Automation Test Analyst
For our Manchester office we are looking for a Quality Assurance Automation Test Analyst to work collaboratively with the developers and project managers to execute and validate test cases based upon system requirements.
As an Automation Test Analyst, you will be responsible for working with the QA team, to design and build appropriate automation test frameworks to reduce the amount of manual regression testing performed across the whole technology stack in order to increase speed to market. There would need to be a clear focus on Visual regression testing and End to end journey testing
You would need to demonstrate a clear understanding of automation testing and how it is embedded into the Project lifecycle. For example, what do they need to do from a QA point of view to increase coverage with speed, efficiency and repeatability in mind. You will be responsible for ensuring tasks are tested within project deadlines, and create and manage documentation of test results for each project. You will report defects accurately and manage through to successful resolution, as well as reporting progress of workload communication effectively and escalating where appropriate.
You will work in a vibrant environment with clever minds that work for a variety of large global clients. Yes, we are eager to hire the most talented experts in the game but we are also looking for a perfect Dept-fit. Someone who is eager to learn, inspires, strives towards a better world, takes the stage, a futurist at heart, and someone who will toast to a successful week with us. Dept is an equal opportunity employer, we strongly support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Minimum 2-3 years test/QA experience in a commercial environment
- Specific web, mobile and multi-platform experience
- Ability to maintain and build automation test frameworks
- Familiarity with browserstack/saucelab integrations
- Familiarity with performance testing tools such as JMeter, Gatling, K6
- Working knowledge of Visual testing tools such as Percy, Chromatic or similar
- Working knowledge of testing frameworks such as Cypress, Selenium, Test Cafe or similar
- Able to code with adherence to development principles such as SOLID, to write robust tests
- Strong team player who has the ability to use their initiative and self-manage
- Ability to work under pressure and successfully manage your own time
- Experience working with Jira, TestRail or similar development and test management applications
- Some knowledge of Contract testing, API or Micro services automation would be desirable
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills further with training, development and certifications.
- An excellent salary based on experience and equal pay policies.
- Flexible working: you have the choice to work from our office or remotely, and we have core working hours where you can choose your start and finish times to suit you.
- Yearly bonus scheme, pension, free private healthcare, mental health support, and company sick pay scheme.
- 25 days paid holiday with the opportunity to buy extra days.
- Annual social budget which is used for team events (think virtual escape rooms or a gaming competitions), as well as away-days, and meals out.
- Free refreshments provided in the office all week, as well as drinks at 4pm on a Friday.
- We celebrate successes by rewarding teams when big projects go-live and honouring the year’s top achievements at our annual awards ceremony.
- Opportunity to take part in the annual Dept Cares Day where Depsters across the world donate their skills to support local charities.
- Annual trip to the Dept Festival in the Netherlands: a chance to meet other people in Dept, see great talks from industry leaders, and have an all-expenses-paid weekend of fun!
- Good company: Dept is dedicated to becoming the best digital agency in and for the world. We are committed to becoming B Corp Certified. Find out more in our Impact Report.
Dept is an equal opportunity employer, we strongly support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
WHO ARE WE?
We are a digital agency uniting creativity, technology and data. We help the world’s leading brands build and accelerate their digital products, services and campaigns. Our team of over 1,750 thinkers and makers spans 13 countries across Europe and the Americas. We proudly work for top brands like Samsung, Bose, Patagonia, Bugaboo, Indigo Ag, Triumph Motorcycles, Netflix and more. Find out more about us.