Design & Technology UK
Dept is looking for an experienced Operations Director to join the Manchester team. You will ensure the day-to-day activities undertaken across all departments are done so as effectively and efficiently as possible, working with heads of departments and the senior management team to review and improve ways of working, to deliver the best service for all clients. In tandem, you will continuously evaluate ways of working to identify areas for improvement.
You must foster a positive, highly productive work environment while maintaining Dept’s core values and strive to achieve the business objectives for growth, profitability and quality.
You will work in a vibrant environment with clever minds that work for a variety of large global clients. We’re looking for someone who is eager to learn, inspires and strives towards a better world.
- Oversees day-to-day activities of all services delivered and has overall responsibility for project planning, monitoring, invoicing and reporting
- Point of escalation for any cross-departmental issues
- Reviews and manages the utilisation and billability of staff and their skills, through regular forecasting and capacity planning, and identifies hiring triggers
- Fulfils the critical role of ensuring consistent and timely communication between departments for all work and serves as contact for escalation of issues by clients
- Manages financial project accounting, revenue recognition and monthly forecasting
- Provides operational data and insights for continuous improvement across departments
- Develops KPIs and delivery processes across departments
- Meets with clients to discuss and review ways of working to ensure continual review and improvement of how we work and client satisfaction
- Works in alignment with FP&A to ensure accurate financial project accounting, revenue recognition and monthly forecasting
- Works with each department to ensure they can achieve their goals and evaluate departmental performance against their annual business objectives
- Continuously evaluates ways of working to ensure regular assessment and improvement on company-wide systems and processes, in alignment with the Global Operations Team
- Identifies (with senior management) areas in which the business can improve operation and set goals to promote company growth
- Oversees local implementation of global guidelines, frameworks and processes, and is responsible for the evaluation, planning and implementation of processes (change management) relating to business operations
- Supports the career development of the Operations Team in their roles by providing leadership and guidance to direct reports
- Highly motivated and motivating individual
- Proven leadership skills and experience of working cross-department within a digital agency
- Strong relationship building skills
- Ability to prioritise issues across all projects and support contracts
- Experience of working in a fast paced digital environment and proactively managing the delivery of all work
- Process oriented approach to working with a focus on the quality of all work
- Excellent commercial awareness and understanding of business finances and cash flow
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills further with training, development and certifications
- An excellent salary based on experience and equal pay policies
- Flexible working: you have the choice to work from our office or remotely, and we have core working hours where you can choose your start and finish times to suit you
- Yearly bonus scheme, pension, free private healthcare, mental health support, and company sick pay scheme
- 25 days paid holiday with the opportunity to buy extra days
- Annual social budget which is used for team events (think virtual escape rooms or a gaming competitions), as well as away-days, and meals out
- Free refreshments provided in the office all week, as well as drinks at 4pm on a Friday
- We celebrate successes by rewarding teams when big projects go-live and honouring the year’s top achievements at our annual awards ceremony
- Opportunity to take part in the annual Dept Cares Day where Depsters across the world donate their skills to support local charities
- Annual trip to the Dept Festival in the Netherlands: a chance to meet other people in Dept, see great talks from industry leaders, and have an all-expenses-paid weekend of fun!
- Good company: Dept is dedicated to becoming the best digital agency in and for the world. We are committed to becoming B Corp Certified. Find out more in our Impact Report
Dept is an equal opportunity employer, we strongly support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
WHO ARE WE?
We are a digital agency uniting creativity, technology and data. We help the world’s leading brands build and accelerate their digital products, services and campaigns. Our team of over 1,750 thinkers and makers spans 13 countries across Europe and the Americas. We proudly work for top brands like Samsung, Bose, Patagonia, Bugaboo, Indigo Ag, Triumph Motorcycles, Netflix and more.