We are looking for a hands-on HR Manager to join our Manchester team to provide HR support and guidance in a flexible way that best meets the needs of the business. You will be people focussed and give the best advice using best practice with a common-sense approach.
Reporting to the HR Director, you will support with delivering the global HR strategy throughout the UK and you will have a proven track record of driving engagement in a changing environment and you will be responsible for providing support on all UK HR issues including resourcing, reward, performance, learning and development and employee relations. Communicating across all levels of the business, you will ensure key HR operational process are delivered successfully, with a key focus on employee engagement. You will coach managers on how to engage with employees and build peoples' capabilities through learning, as well as managing and facilitating performance management processes and payroll. You will manage candidates on-boarding including probation period management and the off-boarding process.
You will work in an extremely fast paced and vibrant environment within a growing team that spans the UK with offices in both Manchester and London. Yes, we are eager to hire the most talented experts in the game, but we are also looking for a perfect Dept-fit. Someone who is eager to learn, inspires, strives towards a better world, takes the stage, a futurist at heart, and someone who will toast to a successful week with us.
• Have digital agency experience or worked in a similar industry previously in a HR capacity;
• Have proven experience in change management and driving engagement;
• Proven success in reducing LTO and increasing employee engagement;
• Have at least 4 years’ experience within HR with at least 1 years’ experience as a generalist hands-on HR Manager;
• Must have sound HR knowledge and experience gained in a generalist role;
• Have excellent project and stakeholder management skills;
• Are CIPD qualified;
• Have strong communication skills, drive positivity and influence senior management;
• Will be people and solution focused, with a flexible approach;
• Are able to work effectively in a fast-paced, collaborative and commercial environment
• Are organised and able to prioritise your workload;
• Are one of those ambitious people who can switch from serious to play in a heartbeat.
• Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills even further;
• Yearly bonus scheme, training budget, pension scheme and free private healthcare;
• Great fringe benefits, think laptop, travel expenses covered and all that stuff;
• Yearly trip to the Dept Festival in the Netherlands – a chance to meet other people within the other Dept agencies, see great talks from industry leaders and a great weekend of fun!;
• Beer Friday – at 4pm on a Friday, the beer fridge is unlocked and you can have free beer;
• Pizza Friday – once a month, we buy pizzas for everyone in the office to celebrate everyone's hard work;
• Quarterly social budget;
• An excellent salary based on experience.
WHO ARE WE?
We are Dept, an international network of leading digital agencies. From our offices across Europe and the US, a thousand of the most talented and experienced people in our industry combine creativity, technology and data to deliver digital products and services that build brands, grow businesses and make people’s lives easier. We work hard, but we also play hard. Curious about who we are? Watch our video here.