Fullstack Crypto Engineer – UK Remote
Design & Technology UK
Fullstack Engineer – Crypto
We're looking for a Fullstack Developer interested in the crypto space who wants to work with peers and clients to build great products together. This role is fully remote and candidates can be based anywhere in the UK.
What will your day be like?
- You’ll develop complex apps that are making a material impact on the world and will be seen by millions of users.
- You’ll develop using Node.js, React and/or Vue and a variety of other supporting technologies.
- You’ll be part of agile software development practices and peer/code reviews.
- You’ll interface with clients. We estimate about 80% hands-on development and 20% client interaction and documentation.
- You'll help us to learn more about the crypto development space and attract new crypto projects.
You will work in a vibrant environment with clever minds that work for a variety of large global clients. At Dept, we’re eager to hire the most talented experts in the game; people who continuously strive to improve their craft, are eager to learn, who want to inspire others, and strive for a better world.
- 3+ years of commercial software development experience.
- Multiple years of experience with frontend frameworks like React, Vue.js or AngularJS.
- Multiple years of experience with backend technologies like Node.js / Express, Ruby on Rails, Python / Flask / Django, etc.
- Some experience with Node.js / Express.
- Worked with and have a good understanding of database technologies, including SQL and NoSQL(PostgreSQL).
- Worked with and have a good understanding of Version Control, preferably using Git.
- Worked in agile software processes before.
- Worked with Continuous Integration/Deployment tools.
- Worked with major cloud providers like AWS, Google Cloud, Azure.
- Passion for learning about developing in the crypto space and experimenting with new technologies related to it.
- You’re a natural problem-solver and willing to take initiative.
- You enjoy working with clients, mentoring junior developers and are good at distilling technical information for a variety of roles.
- Experience with React.js.
- Experience developing assets and smart contracts for blockchains using Solidity, Reach or TEAL.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with DevOps technologies such as Docker, AWS, Terraform.
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills further with training, development and certifications.
- An excellent salary based on experience and equal pay policies.
- Flexible working: you have the choice to work from our office or remotely, and we have core working hours where you can choose your start and finish times to suit you.
- Yearly bonus scheme, pension, free private healthcare, mental health support, and company sick pay scheme.
- 25 days paid holiday with the opportunity to buy extra days.
- An annual social budget is used for team events (think virtual escape rooms or gaming competitions), as well as away-days, and meals out.
- Free refreshments are provided in the office all week, as well as drinks at 4 pm on a Friday.
- We celebrate successes by rewarding teams when big projects go live and honouring the year’s top achievements at our annual awards ceremony.
- Opportunity to take part in the annual Dept Cares Day where Depsters across the world donate their skills to support local charities.
- Annual trip to the Dept Festival in the Netherlands: a chance to meet other people in Dept, see great talks from industry leaders, and have an all-expenses-paid weekend of fun!
- Good company: Dept is a certified B Corporation and it is our mission to have a positive impact on not just our people and clients, but on society as a whole. Find out more about our positive impact
Dept is an equal opportunity employer, we strongly support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
WHO ARE WE?
We are a digital agency uniting creativity, technology and data. We help the world’s leading brands build and accelerate their digital products, services and campaigns. Our team of over 2,000 thinkers and makers spans 15 countries across Europe and the Americas. We proudly work for top brands like Samsung, Bose, Patagonia, Bugaboo, Indigo Ag, Triumph Motorcycles, Netflix and more. Find out more about us.