Front End Developer
For our Manchester office, we are looking for a Front End Developer that can successfully transform the dream design of our clients into a well-functioning platform.
As a member of the front end team, you will work on a variety of global digital projects for high profile B2B and B2C brands. You will build mobile-first, cross-browser compatible, high performing websites and strive to look for better tools and techniques to introduce into the workplace. You will work heavily with React as well as other technologies on in-flight projects, and will provide training to make sure you’re up-to-date with the latest technologies. You will ensure the client Technical Wiki’s are kept up to date and you will continuously strive to improve your craft.
You will work in a vibrant environment with clever minds that work for a variety of large global clients. Yes, we are eager to hire the most talented experts in the game but we are also looking for a perfect Dept-fit. Someone who is eager to learn, inspires, strives towards a better world, takes the stage, a futurist at heart, and someone who will toast to a successful week with us. Dept is an equal opportunity employer, we strongly support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Are an expert with HTML and CSS and are comfortable writing JS, ES6, jQuery
- Have commercial experience of building best of breed React applications
- Knowledge about managing state in React with hooks – previous experience with redux will also be beneficial
- Have an extreme attention for detail and strive for perfection.
- Have experience of responsive website development including component development, templates, grids / breakpoints & pattern libraries
- Have experience or awareness of CSS pre-processors (e.g. LESS and/or Sass)
- Have experience or awareness of task runners (e.g. Grunt and/or Gulp) and using source control (Git)
- Are able to translate creative ideas and mockups into interactive prototypes
- Are aware of modular approaches to HTML markup
- Able to write accessible markup
- Ideally have experience of building for a CMS
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills even further
- An excellent salary based on experience and equal pay policies
- Flexible working – we have core working hours where you can choose your start and finish times to suite you and you have the choice to work from our office or remotely
- Great fringe benefits, think laptop, travel expenses covered and all that stuff
- Yearly bonus scheme, pension scheme, free private healthcare and company sick pay scheme
- 25 days paid holiday with the opportunity to buy extra holidays
- Lunch together – once a month, we buy lunch for everyone in the office to celebrate everyone's hard work
- Team building sessions like virtual escape rooms or a murder mystery are organised, as well as pre/post-COVID away-days, charitable activities and meals out
- Free refreshments – refreshments provided in the office all week
- Annual Social Budget
- We celebrate successes by rewarding teams when big projects go-live and honouring the year’s top achievements at our annual awards ceremony
- Yearly trip to the Dept Weekender in the Netherlands – a chance to meet other people within Dept, see great talks from industry leaders and a great weekend of fun!
Dept is an equal opportunity employer, we strongly support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
WHO ARE WE?
We are Dept, an international digital agency, from our offices across Europe and the US, over a thousand of the most talented and experienced people in our industry. One agency uniting creativity, technology and data to reinvent and accelerate your digital reality by creating experiences that people want and businesses need. Curious about who we are? Watch the video here.