We are looking for a Finance Officer to join our Manchester office to help ensure that the company’s accounts and operational procedures remain compliant, effective and efficient.
As a Finance Officer, reporting to the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for creating P&L reports, balance sheet reconciliations and Power BI dashboards. You will ensure that the ledgers are tidy, the bank stays reconciled and the credit control function stays afloat on a tight ship. You will also help out with the company’s secretarial work and auditing. Month-end will be your time to shine; to show the team how you can get your work done efficiently and to a high standard.
You will work in a vibrant environment within a growing team that spans national and international jurisdictions. At the heart of the company is the services it provides so you will receive huge exposure to a professional services company operating in an exciting and dynamic environment. Yes, we are eager to hire the most talented experts in the game, but we are also looking for a perfect Dept-fit. Someone who is eager to learn, inspires, strives towards a better world, takes the stage, a futurist at heart, and someone who will toast to a successful week with us.
- Must be ambitious, curious and eager to learn;
- Have an extreme attention for detail and strive for perfection;
- Have come from accountancy background; any certifications would be advantageous;
- Highly proficient with Excel;
- Have an understanding of how databases work, and have ideally worked with SQL and Power BI;
- Carry an awareness and understating of deadlines and be willing to step-up when times are busy;
- Are organised and able to prioritise your workload;
- Are one of those ambitious people who can switch from serious to play in a heartbeat.
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills even further;
- Great fringe benefits, think laptop, travel expenses covered and all that stuff;
- Yearly trip to the Dept Festival in the Netherlands – a chance to meet other people within the other Dept agencies, see great talks from industry leaders and a great weekend of fun!;
- Yearly bonus scheme, training budget, pension scheme and free private healthcare;
- Beer Friday – at 4pm on a Friday, the beer fridge is unlocked and you can have free beer;
- Pizza Friday – once a month, we buy pizzas for everyone in the office to celebrate everyone's hard work;
- Quarterly social budget;
- An excellent salary based on experience.
WHO ARE WE?
We are Dept, an international network of leading digital agencies. From our offices across Europe and the US, a thousand of the most talented and experienced people in our industry combine creativity, technology and data to deliver digital products and services that build brands, grow businesses and make people’s lives easier. We work hard, but we also play hard. Curious how our workplace looks like? Watch the video here.