Cloud Infrastructure/DevOps Lead
For our Manchester office, we are looking for a experienced Cloud/DevOps engineer to lead our team in this area.
You will have experience with setting up and managing high traffic websites and web applications using AWS and/or Azure using serverless, Windows and Linux platforms.
You will spend your time working with our clients to deliver proof-of-concept projects, workshops and leading implementation projects working on a variety of global digital projects for high profile B2B and B2C brands. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are a key requirement for the role.
You will also be responsible for leading our infrastructure/cloud/DevOps team including mentoring and line management of the two team members.
- Strong track record of implementing AWS/Azure services in a variety of distributed computing environments;
- Leading highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments;
- Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, Powershell);
- Configuration management using tools such as CloudFormation, Chef & Puppet;
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment;
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges;
- Experience with database technologies;
- Knowledge with IT compliance and risk management requirements (e.g. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA etc.).
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills even further;
- Yearly bonus scheme, pension scheme and free private healthcare;
- An excellent salary based on experience;
- Great fringe benefits, think laptop, travel expenses covered and all that stuff;
- Beer Friday – at 4pm on a Friday, the beer fridge is unlocked and you can have free beer;
- Pizza Friday – once a month, we buy pizzas for everyone in the office to celebrate everyone's hard work;
- Quarterly social budget;
- Yearly trip to the Dept Festival in the Netherlands – a chance to meet other people within the other Dept agencies, see great talks from industry leaders and a great weekend of fun!
WHO ARE WE?
We are Dept, an international network of leading digital agencies. From our offices across Europe and the US, 1000 of the most talented and experienced people in our industry combine creativity, technology and data to deliver digital products and services that build brands, grow businesses and make people’s lives easier. We work hard, but we also play hard. Curious about who we are? Watch the video here.