B/D® – UX Design Lead – US Remote
Roles open in: New York, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, Chicago
B/D® – UX Design Lead – US Remote
You collaborate to lead a creative team in designing the best products for its clients and continue its course of providing high-quality content for lifestyle and technology categories.
BASIC/DEPT® is a growing global digital agency of 150+ world-class designers, makers, and thinkers – working across 25+ states, 5 timezones, and 3 countries. Driven by bold ideas, top-tier design, cutting-edge technology, and diverse perspectives, B/D® is a place where we rise to the challenge – showing up every day for each other and our client partners to create the best work of our lives.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
The Product Design Lead is an integral part of the B/D® team. You collaborate with a creative team to ensure that large-scale digital products are developed and exceed the client's needs – leveraging data to empower systematic design decisions, and UX best practices. This includes proactively challenging the B/D® team to not just solve our client's problems but to provide solutions that are bigger and better than anyone thought they could be. You are user-focused, detail-oriented, excellent at collaborating and multitasking, and eager to guide a team to make things come to life. You love the craft, the collaboration, and the grit it takes to make something great.
Leadership is exciting to you, but you’re also willing to follow others because you understand that great ideas can come from anywhere. You sweat the details and expect others to do the same. You’ve made it where you are by embracing every challenge and seeing every challenge as an opportunity. You want to be here because you want to create things people love.
In your role, you will report to the Creative Director, who will drive the strategy and direction for the creative and design team. You will support the strategic goals of the company by focusing on the success of these activities and assisting with meeting the short and long-term objectives of the organization.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Able to use excellent leadership skills, strategic vision, and creative inspiration to foster and inspire a large but cohesive team of over 30 individuals from different backgrounds and disciplines.
- Strong knowledge of visual design, user-centered experience design, interaction design, brand development, and the creative process.
- A love for typography, interaction, traditional graphic design, and technology.
- Strong skills in modern design and prototyping tools.
- Familiar with user testing and leveraging data to empower design decisions, and UX best practices.
- Experience developing and maintaining a robust design system.
- Must be comfortable working with Figma’s tools including auto layout, components, variants, and design libraries.
- A solid point-of-view and a collaborative nature.
- Passion for lifestyle, fashion, entertainment, popular culture, and technology.
- Familiarity with some front-end basics.
- A long history of building strong relationships with colleagues, vendor/contractors, and business partners.
WHAT YOU WILL GET:
- A competitive salary.
- Flexible location (at home, in-office, or remote on an island – wherever works best for you works for us).
- Flexible work hours (collaborate with others and get your work done – whenever works best for you works for us).
- Benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance).
- 401k, plus matching.
- Paid flexible time off.
- Learning & development reimbursement.
- Home-office expense budget.
- Amazing clients to work with.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $135,000 – $170,000. Salary is based on a range of factors that include relevant experience, expertise, and organizational impact. This is based on a 40-hour workweek and leveling. Keep in mind, we're flexible.
We are part of DEPT® which is a B Corp.
About DEPT®: DEPT® is a pioneering technology and marketing services company that creates integrated end-to-end digital experiences for brands such as Google, KFC, Philips, Audi, Twitch, Patagonia, eBay and more. Its team of 2,500+ digital specialists across 30+ locations on 5 continents delivers pioneering work on a global scale with a boutique culture. DEPT® is committed to making a positive impact on the planet and since 2021 has been Climate Neutral and B Corporation certified. www.deptagency.com
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.
WHAT WE SUPPORT:
B/D® is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you’re parenting the next generation of creators, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.
B/D® is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodation needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
B/D® participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
WHAT WE SUPPORT:
BASIC/DEPT® is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you’re parenting the next generation of creators, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.
BASIC/DEPT® is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodation needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
BASIC/DEPT® participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Be part of our digital future
We may be spread across the world, but we all work together as one team. Inspiring eachother, collaborating, innovating, and creating together.Explore our culture
Personalize your experience