Are you curious and open to new discoveries and challenges? You know how to develop maintainable and scalable solutions to address these challenges? And you know what makes an elegant API and how to create simple solutions to complex problems? – Then you've come to the right place!
As a team, we have many different backgrounds, but one thing we all have in common – we want to be at the top of our field. So if you're equally talented, determined and ambitious, this is the place to be.
In a nutshell YOUR TASKS
- Build data gathering tools using python (RESTful APIs, crawling)
- Build data pipelines using the most popular frameworks (Apache Beam, Spark, Airflow)
- Develop the data ecosystem in the Google Cloud
- Automate manual processes in the team
- Work closely with the business stakeholders
- Collaborate in a cross-functional agile team with other Data Engineers, Scientists and Software Developers
- Solve complex problems for big internal and external clients
Ready to learn something new every day? Here is a sneak peek of all the things you can learn from your new colleagues!
- Have 2 years of professional experience in software development,
- Experience in data engineering and web development are desirable (but not strictly required)
- Experience with data processing frameworks (Apache Beam, Spark) would be wonderful
- Expert level in Python
- Advanced user of GIT
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and NoSQL
- Advanced user of Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS)
- Experience in cloud solutions AWS, Azure or GCP (GCP would be awesome)
- Are familiar with CI/CD and TDD methodologies
- Experience with Docker is desirable, but not strictly necessary
- Experience with microservices architecture would be amazing
- Ability to explain complex tech topics to non technical stakeholders
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Good communication skills and willingness to share your expertise in the team
- Believe in cross-functional teams and understand that responsibility does not end with the assignment
- Work together with developers, data engineers and data scientists who are all passionate and excel in their domain!
- Develop a pragmatic way of approaching projects with a focus on results and business value.
- See your efforts turn into solutions which really make a difference!
- Get in touch with clients from different industries working on varying business problems related to e-commerce and online marketing.
- Work with all major cloud computing providers and encounter a variety of different setups and technical challenges.
- A strong and motivated team as well as numerous get-togethers and events, such as Team Lunch, Dept Festival, Dept Snowfest.
- A modern Office Cologne as well as flexible working hours, home office and various working time models.
- Remote Policy so you have some variety to yourself in the current times!
- Flat team hierarchy where ideas can be changed to action in no time.
WHO ARE WE?
Hi, we are Dept – an international digital agency of experienced thinkers & makers. One agency uniting creativity, technology and data. Helping reinvent & accelerate your digital reality by creating experiences that people want and businesses need.
factor-a is the leading company in the most attractive area of e-commerce: Amazon. As part of Dept, we support globally active manufacturers and brands (vendors) in the operational marketplace management on Amazon. The goal is the sustainable increase in sales and market share as well as the creation of transparency for the optimal control of all success-critical measures. factor-a is a pioneer in Amazon vendor management with the combination of technology and agency performance and has over 100 international top brands among its customers.
* We are happy about human beings of any gender.