Senior Data Engineer (m/f/div)
For our office in Berlin – Friedrichshain we are looking for a Senior Data Engineer (m/f/div) who is characterized by a high degree of motivation and initiative and would like to focus on analytics and technical implementation.
As a Senior Data Engineer (m/f/div) you will help our clients to manage their data efficiently and according to cloud computing best-practices. In addition, you consult on technical topics both internally and at the clients. You will work with our experts for web and app tracking, data engineering and data warehousing to scope, sell and execute the implementation of elegant data solutions. Furthermore, you work closely with our business consultants to shape projects which are workable in time and budget. Think iteratively and propose steps on the way to the final setup. There you continue the development of our internal projects and re-structure code for repeated and speedy deployment. And, share your knowledge with other data engineering teams at Dept. Also, you will explain methodology, opportunities and limits of cloud based data solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Our Data & Intelligence department at Dept is focused on data with a strong bias towards data engineering, large data analysis, web tracking and data activation using data science. Building customized data warehouse solutions in the cloud, and helping our customers to centralize their tracking and marketing data. One of the key features of our business is the creation of customized data models tailored to the specific business model of our customers. On-the-go, we advise on the customer's tool and tech stack, set up or optimize web/app tracking, assist with custom ETL solutions and activate the data through reporting or machine learning use cases.
- Know how to structure and refactor projects, apply concepts of clean code, adapt to different programming patterns, make good use of Git and integrated Dev environments
- Have a strong record of dealing with large amounts of structured data. Good command of SQL is a must
- Hands-on experience with cloud databases, such as R.B. Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery, Synapse Analytics and knowledge of the open source data stack is appreciated
- Are proficient in setting up infrastructure with at least one major cloud computing provider
- Possess a good understanding of cloud computing paradigms and distributed systems
- Have the ability to explain technical details to a less technical audience. You should enjoy working in a cross-functional team and help out with technical expertise
- Are fluency in English (C1 or higher) is required and fluent in German is a plus
- Work together with data scientists, data architects and business analysts who all excel in their domain;
- An opportunity to work together with colleagues from all around the world (Netherlands, UK, USA and many more);
- Development of your skills even further via training, conferences and seminars;
- A good work-life balance (flexible working hours, home office options and various working time models);
- A family-like, informal and rewarding company culture;
- Legendary team outings, field trips and company weekends to Amsterdam – a chance to meet other people within Dept!
WHO ARE WE?
Hi, we are Dept – an international digital agency of over a 1,000 experienced thinkers & makers. One agency uniting creativity, technology and data. Helping reinvent & accelerate your digital reality by creating experiences that people want and businesses need.
You want to support us? We are looking forward to receiving your application (preferably with job references, motivation letter and salary expectations). We are also looking forward to any unsolicited application!