Senior Data Engineer (m/f/div)
For our office in Berlin – Friedrichshain we are looking for a Senior Data Engineer (m/f/div) who likes to work in cross-functional teams optimizing our clients’ e-commerce setups and data warehousing solutions.
As a Senior Data Engineer (m/f/div) you complement our development team with engineering expertise to build data solutions according to cloud computing best-practices. You consult on technical topics both internally and with clients. You join our team of experts for web/app tracking, data engineering, and data warehousing to scope, sell and execute the implementation of elegant big data solutions. You work closely with our business consultants and project managers to shape projects which are feasible in time and budget. You need to embrace agile methodology, think iteratively, and propose workable steps on the way to the final setup. Besides client work, you support the development of internal projects and re-structure code for repeated and speedy deployment. Share your knowledge within our team and exchange it with other data engineering teams at Dept. You’ll frequently be asked to explain the what and why of cloud-based solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Our Data & Intelligence department at Dept is focused on data with a strong bias towards data engineering, large data analysis, web tracking, and data activation using data science. Building customized data warehouse solutions in the cloud, and helping our customers to centralize their tracking and marketing data. One of the key features of our business is the creation of customized data models tailored to the specific business model of our customers. On-the-go, we advise on the customer's tool and tech stack, set up or optimize web/app tracking, assist with custom ETL solutions and activate the data through reporting or machine learning use cases.
You will work in a vibrant environment with clever minds who work for a variety of large global clients. Yes, we are eager to hire the most talented experts in the game but we are also looking for a perfect Dept-fit. Someone who is eager to learn inspires, strives towards a better world, takes the stage, a futurist at heart, and someone will toast to a successful week with us.
- Have a minimum of +7 years of experience in programming and general system administration. Particularly, you have solid, hands-on developing skill in Python (Java is a plus)
- Have a strong record of dealing with large amounts of structured data. Excellent command of advanced SQL is a must. A good understanding of cloud computing paradigms and distributed systems is much appreciated
- Know how to structure and refactor projects, apply concepts of clean code, adapt to different programming patterns, make good use of Git and integrated dev environments. Affinity with dockerized microservices infrastructure is a plus
- Got hands-on experience with at least one commercial analytics database product (e.g. Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery, Synapse Analytics); knowledge of the open source big data stack is appreciated
- Experience and knowledge in data pipeline automation, especially in serverless computing infrastructure (Google Cloud/Azure Cloud/AWS)
- Enjoy explaining technical details to a less technical audience. You like working in a cross-functional team and helping out with technical expertise
- Are fluent in English (C1 or higher); good command of German is a big plus.
- Work together with data scientists, data architects, and business analysts whom all excel in their domain;
- An opportunity to work together with colleagues from all around the world (Netherlands, UK, USA, and many more);
- Development of your skills even further via training, conferences, and seminars;
- A good work-life balance (flexible working hours, remote work options, and various working time models);
- A family-like, informal and rewarding company culture;
- Legendary team outings, field trips, and company weekends to Amsterdam – a chance to meet other people within Dept!
WHO ARE WE?
Hi, we are Dept – an international digital agency of experienced thinkers & makers. One agency uniting creativity, technology and data. Helping reinvent & accelerate your digital reality by creating experiences that people want and businesses need.