Senior Backend Developer – PHP (m/f/div)
For our offices in Hamburg and Berlin we are looking for a Senior Backend Developer (m/f/div) with excellent PHP knowledge and many years of project experience.
As a Senior Backend Developer you will develop sophisticated and individual B2C/B2B e-commerce projects on our preferred shop systems within the PHP stack (Spryker Commerce OS, Shopware). You will work in agile (Scrum, Kanban), interdisciplinary and international project teams with a high degree of personal responsibility and maintain a constant exchange and joint further development with your team colleagues.
You will work in a vibrant environment with clever minds that work for a variety of large global clients, such as Jungheinrich, Tom Tailor, Paul Hewitt, Dorothee Schumacher and many others.Yes, we are eager to hire the most talented experts in the game but we are also looking for a perfect Dept-fit. Someone who is eager to learn and inspire, a technologist at heart, and someone who will toast to a successful week with us.
- Hamburg, Berlin
- have excellent knowledge of PHP in particular and web development in general and are familiar with all de facto standard tools and components in this field
- have a deep understanding of OOP and SOLID principles
- have a broad knowledge of design and cloud patterns and apply them in the right situations with a sense of proportion (respecting KISS, YAGNI, Occam's razor principles) to deliver reusable, object-oriented and decoupled software
- you attach great importance to performance, scalability and maintainability of applications on any levels
- are familiar with state of the art frameworks such as Symfony (or Laravel)
- ideally already have experience in the field of e-commerce and with the integration of third-party systems (PIM, CMS, PSP, OMS, ERP, etc.) that frequently occur
- are experienced and confident in covering at least critical implementations through appropriate testing (unit/integration/system testing)
- Ideally have a sound knowledge of API development and are familiar with the usual protocols and standards (OpenAPI spec.).
- have already worked in agile teams e.g. with Scrum or Kanban
- know and appreciate the work with merge requests/code reviews for quality assurance and continuous improvement of your own coding skills and those of your colleagues (or can't wait to work like this at least)
- are a strong team player and would like to work in international teams and communicate reliably in English both verbally and in writing
- An open culture
- A lot of sport activities (Yoga, Urband Sports Club, Football etc.)
- Develop yourself at one of the fastest growing digital agencies in Europe
- An exciting job with enough possibilities for personal development
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills even further
- Healthy and tasty food
- Bootcamp trainings
- Friday drinks/open bar
- Legendary team outings
- An excellent salary based on experience
WHO ARE WE?
Hi, we are Dept – an international digital agency of over a 1,000 experienced thinkers & makers. One agency uniting creativity, technology and data. Helping reinvent & accelerate your digital reality by creating experiences that people want and businesses need..