For our Manchester office, we are looking for a Java Developer who wants to be a vital member of an international team of talented engineers and experts.
As a Java Developer, you will combine good coding standards, creativity, technology and data to design and develop complex E-commerce solutions, Java based CMS implementations, customized components and back-end integrations for our enterprise customers.
You will work in a vibrant environment with clever minds that work for a variety of large global clients. Yes, we are eager to hire the most talented experts in the game but we are also looking for a perfect Dept-fit. Someone who is eager to learn, inspires, strives towards a better world, takes the stage, a futurist at heart, and someone who will toast to a successful week with us.
- Will have a relevant bachelor’s degree;
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in developing Java (Web) applications;
- Have knowledge of web services (REST/SOAP);
- Have experience with Git, Maven, Spring, Servlets, OSGi (would be nice to have and is considered a plus);
- Have the desire and motivation to expand your knowledge of Java and/or Java CMS systems;
- Have high level of professionalism, enthusiasm and a drive to grow;
- Have a team player mindset, good communications skills and good command of English;
- Are one of those ambitious people who can switch from serious to play in a heartbeat.
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills even further;
- Great fringe benefits, think laptop, travel expenses covered and all that stuff;
- Beer Friday – at 4pm on a Friday, the beer fridge is unlocked and you can have free beer;
- Pizza Friday – once a month, we buy pizzas for everyone in the office to celebrate everyone's hard work;
- Site launch lunches – a great way to celebrate a go-live with the team who made it happen and BB pick up the tab;
- Quarterly social budget;
- Yearly trip to the Dept Festival in the Netherlands – a chance to meet other people within the other Dept agencies, see great talks from industry leaders and a great weekend of fun!
- Yearly bonus scheme, pension scheme and free private healthcare;
- An excellent salary based on experience.
WHO ARE WE?
We are Dept, an international network of leading digital agencies. From our offices across Europe and the US, 750 of the most talented and experienced people in our industry combine creativity, technology and data to deliver digital products and services that build brands, grow businesses and make people’s lives easier. We work hard, but we also play hard. Curious how our workplace looks like? Watch the video here.