Data Scientist (m/f/div)
For our office in Berlin we are looking for a data scientist who makes sure we have happy clients and happy numbers. The ideal candidate is passionate about delivering high quality, innovative projects, enjoys being part of a team, and is confident leading large scale projects.
As our data scientists you will help our clients activate their data by automation and build cloud-based solutions (monstly prediction, classification, clustering) tailored to the client’s specific business problem. You will work along with our experts for web and app tracking, data engineering and data warehousing to scope, sell and execute the implementation of data driven applications. You will also work closely with our business consultants to look out for opportunities to propose a data solution within the scope of ongoing projects. You will simplify and re-structure common use cases for repeated and speedy deployment. Additionally, you will support the development of our internal data science packages for non-standard problems and share knowledge with partner data science departments with DEPT.
We are eager to find talented experts for our team. but we are also looking for a perfect Dept-fit. Someone who is eager to learn, inspire, strives towards a better world, takes the stage, is a futurist at heart, and someone who loves to get the best out of everything. By all means, we are looking for unique individuals who are able to strengthen our collective.
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- a Master degree or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Neuroscience, Computer Science or another quantitative field.
- 3-5 years of experience in manipulating data sets and building statistical models.
- solid understanding of applied statistics and machine learning concepts like GLMs, random forests, neural networks and techniques like boosting, cross-validation and feature elimination.
- solid hands-on Python programming skills. You know how to structure and refactor programs, you’re familiar with the concepts of clean code.
- Ability to explain methodology, opportunities and limits of ML based solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Fluency in English (C1 or higher) is required. Fluency in German is a plus.
- A respectful and collaborative corporate culture with “Can Do” attitude
- Continuous training and specialisation opportunities in the international dept environment
- A good work-life balance (flexible working hours, home office options and various working time models, manageable travel activity)
- Get-togethers and events like Team Lunch, TGIF, Dept Festival in Amsterdam, Christmas Party or Winter Sports Camp
WHO ARE WE?
Hi, we are Dept – an international digital agency of over a 1,000 experienced thinkers & makers. One agency uniting creativity, technology and data. Helping reinvent & accelerate your digital reality by creating experiences that people want and businesses need.
You want to support us? We are looking forward to receiving your application (preferably with job references, motivation letter and salary expectations). We are also looking forward to any unsolicited application!