DEPT®/Design & UX
Principal UI Designer
Offene Stellen in: Manchester
Principal UI Designer
Principal UI Designer
DEPT® is one of the world’s fastest growing agencies, with over 2,500 Depsters across the world. We are a pure-play digital agency, Lovies’ agency of the year, and last year our work was recognised with 16 Webby awards nominations and 11 wins.
We are looking for a Principal UI Designer to join our Manchester-based experience design team to craft outstanding digital experiences that feature the best possible UX, surpass client expectations and support DEPT® in becoming a number one design destination in the UK.
You will work collaboratively within a team of UX/UI Designers, Product Owners and Data Analysts on projects at all stages of the life cycle for a range of high profile B2B and B2C clients. Together you will create amazing experiences, award-winning designs, and intuitive interfaces. But we’re looking for someone who is equally comfortable crafting immersive journeys as they are in taking the client on that design journey.
As Principal UI Designer, you'll also be responsible for pushing design standards within the team, improving processes and tooling, as well as supporting the team in their growth and development. You’ll work with the Head of Design to provide training, support and encouragement where needed. You will inspire creativity and embrace design values to support the department’s creative reputation.
You will work in a vibrant environment with clever minds that work for a variety of large global clients. At DEPT®, we’re eager to hire the most talented experts in the game; people who continuously strive to improve their craft, are eager to learn, who want to inspire others, and strive for a better world.
- Be highly proficient in UI design and have an extremely good understanding of layout, grid systems, UI best practices, accessibility, and design systems.
- Highly experienced working Figma, experience in Sketch and Adobe XD also preferred.
- Be able to produce high quality concepts in limited time frames when supporting with pitch work and new business ideas.
- Have a good understanding of current design trends.
- Have an eye for detail, and strive for pixel perfection.
Have experience in designing to all screen sizes from desktop to tablet to mobile and understand responsive design.
Confidently run client workshops, present concepts and designs to clients and also provide or handle criticism.
- Have experience working with atomic design and design systems, and using reusable components.
- Comfortably communicate and work closely with the development team throughout the discovery, definition and build phases of each project.
- Have an awareness of client budget for projects that you are overseeing and have the ability to maintain the work within that budget and timescale.
- Push for award entries
- Be comfortable in advocating and showcasing the creative work we produce, and our process by hosting design events and talks.
- Report to the Head of Design and assist with day-to-day team/project management responsibilities as needed.
- Have the ability to run multiple creative projects simultaneously as a Designer and Leader.
- Be comfortable speaking in front of groups, presenting work, and conducting Q&A sessions, because this is a people-facing position.
- Be comfortable offering constructive feedback to team designers in order to achieve better results for the project and client, as well as the design team and the larger team.
- Consistently display a deeper understanding of digital graphic design, typography, and user interface design, as well as mentor and motivate the team.
- Have the ability to provide both low and high level estimates for project work.
- Be comfortable in solving problems.
- Help define processes and make efficiencies across the team.
- Experienced in line managing team members.
- Support with briefing a designer on a project and take the lead.
- Host 1-2-1 sessions with design team members to help mentor, critique and build upon their skill sets.
- Create progression and development plans for the team to help them grow and develop their skills as designers
- Have at least 6-8+ years of experience in the industry working for fast paced agencies.
- Have a strong portfolio demonstrating your design capabilities and understanding of digital graphic design and UI.
- Have experience managing teams within an agency.
- Have extensive knowledge around design tools, in particular Figma.
- Have experience working with agile and waterfall processes.
- Have experience working in sprints.
- Are a natural problem solver.
- Are comfortable with presenting to the wider team to educate and inspire.
- We once had someone who could ventriloquist which we thought was incredible…. DEPT® is a fun place to work so it’s important that you have outside interests too!
- Have experience in motion design and using After FX.
- Have experience using WebFlow
- Have experience in native mobile app design
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills further with training, development and certifications
- An excellent salary based on experience and equal pay policies
- Flexible working: you have the choice to work from our office or remotely, and we have core working hours where you can choose your start and finish times to suit you
- Pension, free private healthcare, mental health support, and company sick pay scheme
- 25 days paid holiday with the opportunity to buy extra days
- Annual social budget which is used for team events (think virtual escape rooms or a gaming competitions), as well as away-days, and meals out
- Free refreshments provided in the office all week, as well as drinks at 4pm on a Friday.
- We celebrate successes by rewarding teams when big projects go-live and honouring the year’s top achievements at our annual awards ceremony
- Opportunity to take part in the annual DEPT® Cares Day where Depsters across the world donate their skills to support local charities
- Annual trip to the DEPT® Festival in the Netherlands: a chance to meet other people in DEPT®, see great talks from industry leaders, and have an all-expenses-paid weekend of fun!
- Good company: DEPT® is dedicated to becoming the best digital agency in and for the world. We are committed to becoming B Corp Certified. Find out more in our Impact Report
DEPT® is an equal opportunity employer, we strongly support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
WHO ARE WE?
DEPT® is a pioneering technology and marketing services company that creates integrated end-to-end digital experiences for brands such as Google, KFC, Philips, Audi, Twitch, Patagonia, eBay and more. Its team of 2,500+ digital specialists across 30+ locations on 5 continents delivers pioneering work on a global scale with a boutique culture. DEPT® is committed to making a positive impact on the planet and since 2021 has been Climate Neutral and B Corporation certified. www.deptagency.com
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.
Werde Teil unserer digitalen Zukunft
Wir mögen über die ganze Welt verteilt sein, aber wir arbeiten alle als ein Team. Wir inspirieren einander, arbeiten zusammen, sind innovativ und schaffen gemeinsam Neues.Entdecke unsere Kultur
Um die User Experience der Website so einfach und persönlich wie möglich zu gestalten, nutzen wir Cookies. Wir verwenden sie ausserdem, um sicherzustellen, dass wir und Dritte für Sie relevante Anzeigen schalten können.