Lead Frontend Developer
Offene Stellen in: Manchester
Lead Frontend Developer
We are looking for a Lead Frontend Developer who can successfully transform our global clients’ dream designs into well-functioning platforms and engaging experiences. Candidates can be based in our Manchester or London offices, or be fully remote.
As a Lead Frontend Developer, you will be the expert on the team, responsible for designing the underlying solution architecture and overseeing development all the way through to production. You will act as an interface between the development team and the business, providing an engineering perspective on our clients’ roadmap goals and helping them to understand and balance scope and priorities along the way. You will help your team understand the roadmap goals and champion them.
This is a hands-on role, and you will promote technical best practices by example through your own work as well as mentoring and code reviews. You will help your team achieve challenging goals without cutting corners. You are not afraid to tackle technical debt and find the right opportunities to do it while communicating the benefits to our clients and the rest of the team.
You will work in a vibrant environment with clever minds that work for a variety of large global clients. At DEPT® we’re eager to hire the most talented experts in the game; people who continuously strive to improve their craft, are eager to learn, who want to inspire others, and strive for a better world.
- Are a skilled Senior Developer who is experienced in developing large scale data-driven websites and applications
- Have experience working on enterprise-level React projects, integrating with multiple third-party APIs
- Have experience building solutions with server-side rendered, static and client-side approaches
- Have expert knowledge of React including advanced hook usage and the context API, and a solid understanding of Next.js
- Have knowledge of headless content management systems such as Contentful, Strapi, Prismic, Storyblok and Sanity, and are able to advise on the best tool for the job in hand
- Understand different testing methodologies such as unit, end-to-end and integration testing, and are capable of writing tests for each
- Are fully capable of designing, owning, and running the technical implementation of a complex project with multiple integrations or challenges
- Are capable of running and directing small teams and substantial projects
- Are informed and knowledgeable about the latest developments and trends in enterprise application development and SaaS solutions
- Are aware and able to articulate industry trends and new technologies internally and to clients
- Have experience of optimising existing applications to maximise performance and accessibility
- Have excellent interpersonal and communications skills – written and oral
- Are able to organise and prioritise your own tasks and responsibilities
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills further with training, development and certifications
- An excellent salary based on experience and equal pay policies
- Flexible working: you have the choice to work from our office or remotely, and we have core working hours where you can choose your start and finish times to suit you
- Pension, free private healthcare, mental health support, and company sick pay scheme
- 25 days paid holiday with the opportunity to buy extra days
- An annual social budget is used for team events (think virtual escape rooms or gaming competitions), as well as away-days, and meals out
- Free refreshments are provided in the office all week, as well as drinks at 4 pm on a Friday
- We celebrate successes by rewarding teams when big projects go live and honouring the year’s top achievements at our annual awards ceremony
- Opportunity to take part in the annual DEPT® Cares Day where Depsters across the world donate their skills to support local charities
- Annual trip to the DEPT® Festival in the Netherlands: a chance to meet other people in DEPT®, see great talks from industry leaders, and have an all-expenses-paid weekend of fun!
- Good company: DEPT® is a certified B Corporation and it is our mission to have a positive impact on not just our people and clients, but on society as a whole. Find out more about our positive impact
DEPT® is an equal opportunity employer, we strongly support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
WHO ARE WE?
DEPT® is a pioneering technology and marketing services company that creates integrated end-to-end digital experiences for brands such as Google, KFC, Philips, Audi, Twitch, Patagonia, eBay and more. Its team of 2,500+ digital specialists across 30+ locations on 5 continents delivers pioneering work on a global scale with a boutique culture. DEPT® is committed to making a positive impact on the planet and since 2021 has been Climate Neutral and B Corporation certified. www.deptagency.com
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.
Werde Teil unserer digitalen Zukunft
Wir mögen über die ganze Welt verteilt sein, aber wir arbeiten alle als ein Team. Wir inspirieren einander, arbeiten zusammen, sind innovativ und schaffen gemeinsam Neues.Entdecke unsere Kultur
Personalize your experience
Wir verwenden funktionale Cookies, damit die Website richtig läuft, analytische Cookies, um Ihr Verhalten zu messen, und Marketing-Cookies für die Personalisierung von Anzeigen und Inhalten. Wir sammeln Daten darüber, wie Sie unsere Website nutzen, um die Nutzung unserer Website zu vereinfachen, sowie um die Kommunikation in der Werbung, auf unserer Website oder in den Apps anzupassen oder zu personalisieren. Die durch Marketing-Cookies gesammelten Daten werden auch an Dritte weitergegeben. Wenn Sie auf "Akzeptieren" klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Möchten Sie weitere Informationen? Lesen Sie unsere Cookie-Richtlinie.