Junior System Administrator
For our Manchester office, we are looking for a Junior Systems Administrator who will be an essential part of the IT Support Team covering the UK, Spain and USA offices. You will ensure that our systems, staff and customers are proactively supported and work within time frames and budgets.
As a Junior Systems Administrator, you won’t be afraid to get stuck in and get your hands dirty to deliver amazing support for the agency. You will also be an integral part of the Client Hosting Managed Services team who anticipate infrastructure related issues and help reduce risks in a timely manner. As well as assisting project teams in supporting their web applications and resolving infrastructure issues.
You will work in a vibrant environment with clever minds that work for a variety of large global clients. Yes, we are eager to hire the most talented experts in the game but we are also looking for a perfect Dept-fit. Someone who is eager to learn, inspires, strives towards a better world, takes the stage, a futurist at heart, and someone who will toast to a successful week with us.
- Experience within an IT Support role
- Knowledge of Virtual Server environments including Windows, Linux and MacOS Operating Systems
- Knowledge of managing networks including the hardware that support them
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including hosting meetings, presentations and documentation
MAIN TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Installation of new servers and configure hardware, peripherals, cabling, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Maintain onsite and external infrastructure (VMWare ESXi, AWS, Firewalls, Switches, Laptops, Servers)
- Client Hosting Managed Services – Analysing unusual trends, reviewing performance metrics and delivering reports supporting our customers infrastructure
- Develop and maintain installation, configuration and maintenance procedures.
- Perform system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Maintain backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimisation as required.
- Keep track of equipment and their warranty dates
- Strive to look for better tools and techniques to introduce into the workplace
- Deliver technical presentations to internal staff
- Strive to continue to improve your craft
- Always make yourself available to help anyone in the company no matter what role or technical level that person is, this also includes helping on online communities and creating blog posts to spread your knowledge
- Inform Project Managers of any issues identified in a project (along with your plans to rectify) and own the resolution until you are satisfied with the response.
- Work with the Project Managers to ensure that solutions are developed in line with the effort allocated to the tasks and proactively prevent over engineering of solutions.
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills even further;
- Great fringe benefits, Dell laptop, travel expenses covered and all that stuff;
- Beer Friday – at 4pm on a Friday, the beer fridge is unlocked and you can have free beer;
- Pizza Friday – once a month, we buy pizzas for everyone in the office to celebrate everyone's hard work;
- Site launch lunches – a great way to celebrate a Go-Live with the team who made it happen and Dept pick up the tab;
- Quarterly social budget;
- Yearly trip to the Dept Festival in the Netherlands – a chance to meet other people within the other Dept agencies, see great talks from industry leaders and a great weekend of fun!
- Yearly bonus scheme, pension scheme and free private healthcare;
- An excellent salary based on experience.
WHO ARE WE?
We are Dept, an international network of leading digital agencies. From our offices across Europe and the US, 750 of the most talented and experienced people in our industry combine creativity, technology and data to deliver digital products and services that build brands, grow businesses and make people’s lives easier. We work hard, but we also play hard. Curious how our workplace looks like? Watch the video here.